Sunday, February 16, 2014

Book Blogger Love-A-Thon - Farewell Until Next Year

Sadly, it is the end of the Book Blogger Love-A-Thon...
However, this weekend has been absolutely amazing. As a new blogger, I was completely amazed by all the participants, their enthusiasm, and the general love and support for book blogging. You guys are all awesome. Seriously, if you just stopped by and checked out a post, or if you commented or tweeted, or followed... I was really touched. All the notifications I got and interactions with other bloggers made this weekend so memorable. I loved this. As a new blogger I found not only a ton of new book blogs to follow (a blog roll page is now in the works so that I can share some awesome blogs with you all) but a ton of book bloggers who are all so kind, happy to talk about books, and very supportive. 
Honestly, I was in a bit of a creative slump this past month. I was really worried because I felt like I was running out of ideas and I'd only been blogging a few months. However, after this weekend, I am so excited about everything. This community is so wonderful, and now I'm excited to share my thoughts and ideas again. One example? I debuted a new series on the blog called Wanderlust in Words. Now, this is an idea from before this blog even came about, back when I was just coming up with ideas and getting excited about even starting a book blog. But I never posted it, because of this reason or that. Well, I didn't have anything planned for the mash up challenge, and I thought that this supportive and awesome event would be a good time to test it out. The response absolutely amazed me. I was getting a bunch of comments on how much you all loved it, loved the name... and I'm definitely excited to continue the series. That meant so much to me.
So, it's the end of this event. But luckily, this is a yearly thing, and awesome book blogs and bloggers are always around year round. So, to all my fellow new bloggers, I say talk to some other bloggers, and share your love of books. There's a really awesome crowd of people out there. To everyone who's stopped by, you are amazing. I've loved talking to all of you, and I can't wait to see what this year brings us all. Thank you to Alexa and Katelyn for a truly wonderful event.

From the paper world,
V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!