Saturday, February 15, 2014

Book Blogger Love-A-Thon - Mad Lib Mini Challenge


There are some really great mini challenges for this LoveAThon, and so I'm back with my second of the day! This is the Mad Lib Challenge, and so, here we go! If you aren't familiar with mad libs, or it's been awhile, basically I've picked random words with prompts (for example, I'm asked for an adjective and I say old) without knowing how they'll be put into a story. If you want to do this, pick the needed words without seeing how they fit into the story, then put them in and let me know what your story says in the comments!




Ok, are you ready? Here's the story without my words in.

One day, I was VERB ENDING IN -ING with BOOK BOYFRIEND #1. Out of the blue, a NOUN came out of nowhere! It was so ADJECTIVEADJECTIVE and ADJECTIVE. At first, we were afraid, we were petrified, but we PAST TENSE VERB. We hopped on RANDOM MODE OF TRANSPORTATION to make our getaway. 

As we escaped, we turned up the radio because A CATCHY TUNE came on and made me VERB. Everything was extremely smooth sailing until an ANIMAL appeared in the middle of the road. We swerved to avoid it, but while BOOK BOYFRIEND #1 stayed on SAME RANDOM MODE OF TRANSPORTATION, I got thrown onto my side in the woods.

I couldn't get up, and felt ADJECTIVE as I lay there staring up at the trees. What was I going to do? I heard a WORD DESCRIBING A SOUND among the leaves, and felt EMOTION. Surely, this was going to be my end. As my eyes fluttered shut, the last thing I saw was a head of COLOR hair and COLOR eyes.

When I woke up again, I was on a PIECE OF FURNITURE. My body hurt a whole lot less, and I could sit up. There was a NOUN and NOUN in the room, along with FOOD and DRINK. The door suddenly opened to reveal BOOK BOYFRIEND #2, a concerned look on his face. I blushed and averted my gaze, but he VERB and said, "Don't be shy. It's okay."

He came over to sit by me, and we started talking after I told him my name. We chatted about HOBBY 1,HOBBY 2 and HOBBY 3 and realized we had a ton in common! I thought he was ADJECTIVE and couldn't help feeling a little swoony. 

Just as he reached out for my hand, the door crashed open and in came BOOK BOYFRIEND #3. "Don't let him charm you away, my love!" He yelled, running at BOOK BOYFRIEND #2. They each had KITCHENWARE in their hands and began to fight. "Stop!", I yelled, feeling so EMOTION. They didn't listen to me. Before I could intervene, BOOK BOYFRIEND #2 fell to the floor and disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

"What was that?" I asked, staring at the empty space. BOOK BOYFRIEND #3 dropped his weapon, and came over to me. "Magic, but you are safe now, PET NAME." He hugged me close, and I suddenly knew that this was the real deal and not just a dream.

Just as LOVE SONG started playing in my head, I woke up. I cursed my ADJECTIVE luck. Why had it only been just a dream?


And now, here's my version - 


One day, I was reading with Morpheus. Out of the blue, a tree came out of nowhere! It was so oldgraceful and inconsistent. At first, we were afraid, we were petrified, but we strolled. We hopped on Hagrid’s motorcycle to make our getaway. 

As we escaped, we turned up the radio because Best Day of My Life by American Authors came on and made me leap. Everything was extremely smooth sailing until an phoenix appeared in the middle of the road. We swerved to avoid it, but while Morpheus stayed on Hagrid’s motorcycle, I got thrown onto my side in the woods.

I couldn't get up, and felt calm as I lay there staring up at the trees. What was I going to do? I heard a pop among the leaves, and felt nervous. Surely, this was going to be my end. As my eyes fluttered shut, the last thing I saw was a head of purple hair and green eyes.

When I woke up again, I was on a couch. My body hurt a whole lot less, and I could sit up. There was a cat and jump rope in the room, along with pizza and green tea. The door suddenly opened to reveal Captain Thorne from the Lunar Chronicles, a concerned look on his face. I blushed and averted my gaze, but he blinked and said, "Don't be shy. It's okay."

He came over to sit by me, and we started talking after I told him my name. We chatted about making flower crowns,skydiving and book blogging and realized we had a ton in common! I thought he was nice and couldn't help feeling a little swoony. 

Just as he reached out for my hand, the door crashed open and in came Sam from Incarnate. "Don't let him charm you away, my love!" He yelled, running at Thorne. They each had forks in their hands and began to fight. "Stop!", I yelled, feeling so puzzled. They didn't listen to me. Before I could intervene, Thorne fell to the floor and disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

"What was that?" I asked, staring at the empty space. Sam dropped his weapon, and came over to me. "Magic, but you are safe now, dear." He hugged me close, and I suddenly knew that this was the real deal and not just a dream.

Just as I See the Light from Tangled started playing in my head, I woke up. I cursed my makeshift luck. Why had it only been just a dream?



 Well, that was certainly interesting. You know, some of it actually makes sense. Except for the part with purple hair and green eyes. That just sounds like a deranged Furby... Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this fantastic adventure, and my dream with Morpheus, Thorne, Sam, and some forks and green tea. This was such a fun challenge to do! Let me know if you did this in the comments!

From the paper world,
V

16 comments:

  1. OH. MY. GOSH. I LOVE IT! Haha, cracked me up SO MUCH. (By the way, I love that you picked I See the Light!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you loved it :) It made me laugh out loud to read it too honestly, these are such fun. and of course, when they say love song, my mind goes 'Disney!'

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I figured I needed to have at least one Harry Potter reference in the mad lib haha, glad you enjoyed!

      Delete
  3. Loved "making flower crowns" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! and thank you for all your comments! also, I can't get to your blog through your profile, so would you mind leaving me a link? I'd love to see your Book Blogger Love A Thon posts!

      Delete
  4. Hehe yes, I love the song choice at the end! So perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep hearing about this Morpheus guy today and have decided that I must meet him immediately. I love Thorne!! I just finished Cress and like died of happiness after reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morpheus is marvelous, he's definitely a fun character to read about! And yes, Thorne! I just finished reading it too!! It was so wonderful, right? And now we begin the wait for Winter

      Delete
  6. I wish I could ride on Hagrid's motorcycle! Would you be in the sidecar or would Morpheus? Either way, great Mad Lab!

    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally
    http://mythoughtsliterally.blogspot.com/2014/02/book-blogger-love-thon-mini-challenge-3.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing Morpheus, he'd be flying alongside. Thanks for stopping by, can't wait to see yours!

      Delete
  7. I was also inspired by Hagrid's motorcycle! Best way to travel :D Thorne is also one of my bookish friends.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was torn between that or other Harry Potter modes of transportation, but I'm happy with the motorcycle. Yay, you too? Can't wait to check it out, and Thorne is wonderful :)

      Delete
  8. Hagrid's motorcycle made an appearance! Love it! :)

    -Kimi at Geeky Chiquitas

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!