Saturday, November 1, 2014

Stacking the Shelves - The 'How Long Has It Been Since My Last Post' Edition

Apologies for my sporadic posting lately! I'm getting a few behind the scenes things in order for celebrating Paper Worlds and Swirls of Ink's One Year of Blogging Celebration! Anyways, in the meantime I wanted to include a mini book haul today! 
Stacking the Shelves is a weekly feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews, and it's an opportunity to share some of the books you've picked up recently! My book buying has definitely been on the decline lately, but I did find some really wonderful books recently and thought I'd share them with you all!


The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey
This is the sequel to The 5th Wave, which I read last autumn and really enjoyed the book. It was thrilling, fast paced, and very unique and so I was super happy to pick up the sequel. You can read my review of The 5th Wave if you haven't yet picked up this series- I think it's a sci fi post apocalyptic with some thriller elements mixed in.







This is the final book in the Gemma Doyle trilogy, which I read several years ago. I definitely enjoyed the series, but The Sweet Far Thing was by far my favorite book in the series by far. It really moved me, especially by the conclusion. So, I was really happy to pick up a copy.







I don't think I've ever mentioned it before on the blog, but I do enjoy history, and the Tudor era of English history has always been especially interesting to me. It's a time of huge changes within the time, and I knew a lot about Henry VIII and his different wives. However, I'm really excited for this book set during the Tudor court of the time because it focuses on figures I know relatively little about, and having read a chapter of this months ago while browsing a book shop, I loved the writing style. Lately, I've been wanting a historical fiction read too, so I'm very excited for this!




There is my book haul! Let me know if you've read any of these and your thoughts on them, and if you picked up some books feel free to let me know about that as well!

From the paper world,
V

1 comment:

  1. THE INFINITE SEA. I finally got it the other week even though I preordered, haven't read it yet but can't wait to. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!