Monday, February 16, 2015

Random Acts of Kindness - Day no. 1

This week, some members of the blogging community have come together to host something very special, and I'm really excited to be taking part in it. If you haven't heard about Random Acts of Kindness yet, here are the posts by the wonderful bloggers of Rather Be Reading and The Perpetual Page-Turner. Basically, the idea is to share some random acts of kindness but to do so without sharing names and links. I wanted to take some time to appreciate some of the wonderful random acts of kindness I've seen, and share some stories with you all. So, here is our first story.

I figured it would only be appropriate to start off with how I began blogging for the first day of this week. Initially, I was super nervous. I'd followed book blogs for years, watched Booktube, and been reading constantly since I was little. But I was scared about several things. The first was- what if I can't do this? That was probably my biggest fear. If I was going to do blogging, I wanted to do it well, and also to be able to stay with it, keep posting, and write reviews and become a part of the book blogger community. However, it seemed like such a big deal and such a big step I was scared to start it.
Enter my friend. She was so encouraging to me. Sometimes it's not easy to talk about blogging with people, and for me in the beginning I couldn't even begin to talk about it much with others. But having someone who I could ask (very hesitantly at first) about blog design, how a post looked, this idea I had, etc. made such a big difference to me. Having a friend I could talk to who understood all this and would be excited with me and for me about blogging made starting this so much easier. I wasn't alone in blogging, I had a wonderful friend who I could turn to and talk about blogging with her. And that made all the difference to me.

So, here's a story about a friend who really inspired me and encouraged me when I first started blogging. I would love to hear about your Random Acts of Kindness stories, so if you've written a post or just want to share it, let me know in the comments! 

From the paper world,

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I haven't told many people about my blogging but everyone has been really supportive. It's so great to have someone to talk to about something that has become such a big part of your life!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!