Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday Reads - September 12, 2014

Hello all! I'm back with a Friday Reads, which I haven't done in quite awhile but thought it would be fun to share with you all! However, I first want to sincerely apologize for my lack of responding to comments and being more active on the blogosphere lately. I have a post coming up with more of an explanation, but I did want to say I'm still reading along on the comments and other posts and really appreciate your thoughtfulness in commenting!
This week I'm reading a book that is by a pretty well known author- Ann Aguirre's Mortal Danger. The book is really interesting, and although I definitely, definitely have not been reading as much as I used to, I'm still enjoying it and reading along. Here's some information on the book from Goodreads.
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Edie Kramer has a score to settle with the beautiful people at Blackbriar Academy. Their cruelty drove her to the brink of despair, and four months ago, she couldn't imagine being strong enough to face her senior year. But thanks to a Faustian compact with the enigmatic Kian, she has the power to make the bullies pay. She's not supposed to think about Kian once the deal is done, but devastating pain burns behind his unearthly beauty, and he's impossible to forget.

In one short summer, her entire life changes, and she sweeps through Blackbriar, prepped to take the beautiful people down from the inside. A whisper here, a look there, and suddenly... bad things are happening. It's a heady rush, seeing her tormentors get what they deserve, but things that seem too good to be true usually are, and soon, the pranks and payback turns from delicious to deadly. Edie is alone in a world teeming with secrets and fiends lurking in the shadows. In this murky morass of devil's bargains, she isn't sure who—or what--she can trust. Not even her own mind...
The narration of this story is very unique, and the characters are developing along with the story, which is already turning intense and mysterious. 
What are your Friday Reads? Any good recommendations for what I should pick up next?

From the paper world,
V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!