Monday, September 8, 2014

My Reading - An Update

Hello again, lovely members of the paper world! I thought I'd do another more discussion type post to talk to you all today about my reading and how it's evolved. Simply put, my reading has fallen off of my list of priorities recently- I've been so busy and distracted by everything going on that suddenly taking the time to read and open up a book seemed like an impossible task that could make me lose time that I didn't even have.

My to-do list has filled up pretty quickly as of late, and while I definitely won't complain about it, this does mean that in the past few months I've read...one book. I know, I know that's very unfortunate to see, and in addition to that I don't even have a current read. That never happens to me; I honestly can't remember the last time that was true.

However, as I'm going through this change, I'm wondering if I was perhaps losing opportunities to balance out reading and my other hobbies and social life in the past. How much reading is too much reading? That's not to say I ever ignored people or had no social life, but I was always more of an introverted reader. Now, I'm definitely still of the introverted ilk, however I've become so busy that by the time I'm done with the day I want to rest and relax. And sleep. So my reading gets put to the wayside. 

I'm also trying to branch out with my reading- read cultural works, famous works that I've not yet encountered, and maybe reread a few old favorites as well. If you have any recommendations for this I am definitely interested to hear your thoughts! And, in addition, if you have any thoughts and ideas about how your reading has evolved and if you've ever been in a similar situation, please feel free to let me know your thoughts on that as well down in the comments. I hope you all are doing well, and happy reading!

From the paper world,
V

1 comment:

  1. I've recommended this book to so many people/so many times I don't know if you heard about it but if you want to read cultural works you should check out MORNINGS IN JENIN!

    Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!