The 2014 End of Year Book Survey is hosted by The Perpetual Page-Turner and definitely check out Jamie's blog (it has the most amazing discussions, reviews, etc.) and let me know your thoughts on some of the books you read in 2014 in the comments!
Number Of Books You Read: 81 Books
Number of Re-Reads: 0
Genre You Read The Most From: In the first half of the year, I read a lot of scifi/paranormal/fantasy, and then later on in 2014 I read a number of contemporaries.
Best in Books
1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
(If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist)
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
I recommended my friend read Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce back in February (I read the book in late December 2013) and she did.
5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
series I started in 2014- Arcana Chronicles by Kresley Cole
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Contemporary- this year I read a lot more contemporaries than usual
Historical Fiction/Steampunk- The Falconer by Elizabeth May
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
Unhinged by A.G. Howard
(I haven't been putting the covers in for each category in order to keep this post from being really long, but I figured it was only appropriate here. Love this cover!)
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
Harper Price from Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
“A mind needs books like a sword needs its whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.” -Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2014?
(Jamie recommended sorting your read books by page number on Goodreads to find these 2014 books easily, which helped a lot when I was trying to figure this out!)
shortest- The Little Android by Marissa Meyer
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
(Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Ansel and Gretchen from Sweetly by Jackson Pearce (siblings), second in her Fairytale Retellings series
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
Kiaran from The Falconer by Elizabeth May
23. Best 2014 debut you read?
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Blogging and Reading
New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014?
The Library Canary- I’m pretty sure I only found Rebecca’s blog this year, which is strange to think since I really enjoy talking with her and checking out her blog!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014?
my review of A Million Suns by Beth Revis
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
honestly I don’t think I have one
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I didn’t discover any site in particular, but having a ‘Can’t Wait Books of 2014’ shelf on Goodreads designated for the upcoming new releases I’m really excited about was super helpful throughout the year.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Yes! I actually posted a complete wrap up of my 2014 Challenges.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
reach two years of blogging and figure out a routine of blog post scheduling. participate in blogging events again!
6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
haven’t read any yet! so if you have any recommendations, let me know!
This survey was a lot of fun to do and look back at the books I read in 2014. Let me know your favorites in the comments!
From the paper world,