Thursday, December 11, 2014

Let's Talk Questions About Posting

I have a question for you book bloggers out there, and you blog readers. It’s a very simple one, but one that I still haven’t figured out the right balance of. How do you know what type of posts to post, and how often? I’ve been posting some interviews and discussion posts lately with Top Ten Tuesdays and reviews, but I never know when how much is too much. That is to say, are two of a certain type of post (i.e. review, list, discussion, etc.) too much to have posted back to back? When is too much too much?


I know this is something that has probably crossed a lot of bloggers’ minds, which is why I come asking for some feedback. And as people who read blogs, what do you like to see in other's posting? There are some regular weekly features that I like to participate in, and then I also try to post either a discussion, tag, review, or something else. So there's some variety, and December is typically one of my favorite blogging months from last year because it was a time to really look back at all of the books of the year, talk about the ones I loved, and then move on to looking forward to next year's books as well. But, I want to make sure that I'm maintaining a balance of posts. 

So, now I want to hear from you. What do you think about posting, and what types of posts you want to see? Let me know in the comments.

Also, Rebecca of The Library Canary did a discussion post months ago about How Often to Post that I think is really thought provoking and I remember first making me think about post content. I definitely recommend looking into her discussion about it!

From the paper world,
V

1 comment:

  1. I never know what to post. I really post what interests me. I hope it reaches people. I like reading the meme's and that how I find lots of blogs. I think people should post what they want and when they want.

    I have tagged you for the TAYTAY Tag: http://mooneyesrandomsmile.blogspot.ca/2014/12/the-taytay-book-tag.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!