Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Books Recently Added to My TBR - Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and each week there's a different topic to discuss. This week we're talking about books we've recently added to our TBR! I'm really excited about this prompt- I went on Goodreads and picked a few of the recent additions to my TBR to share. Here, I'm talking about books that I've added to my to-read on Goodreads.

Series I Want to Continue
I recently read Starcrossed, and I definitely enjoyed the novel. It's one I picked up awhile ago, and I finally picked it back up and finished it recently. I am definitely interested in continuing on with the series, and so I added Dreamless to my to-read right away!

Ice Kissed by Amanda Hocking, the sequel to Frostfire (this is a series set in the same world and after her Trylle trilogy)
I read Frostfire earlier this year with my friend over at These Stardust Words, and so I'm excited to pick up the sequel when it comes out in May. I read the Trylle trilogy awhile ago and really enjoyed it, so I'm excited to be continuing on in this series that takes place in the same world.

This is another novel that I read recently and really enjoyed, and so I'm excited to continue on with this series once the sequel comes out in August. Also, while I was looking up the Goodreads link for the sequel, I saw that a novella is going to be published that has part of the first book told from another character's point of view, so I'm definitely adding Of Shadows and Obsession to my to-read as well.

Retellings
As many of you know, this is one of my favorite genres. I talked about some other blogger's posts that I'd read and loved earlier this month, and one of the ones I mentioned was Rebecca of The Library Canary and her post all about retellings, So You Like Retellings? I've Got a List For You... I definitely got a ton of recommendations from this post, and I'm excited to be reading more retellings this year, as it's always a genre I've read and loved.

This book sounds very intriguing and mysterious, as the protagonist has to navigate a labyrinth and decide who to trust. Although it doesn't have a publication date other than 2016 listed on Goodreads, this is a unique sounding retelling, as I haven't read many Peter Pan retellings other than Second Star by Alyssa B. Sheinmel.

This is a series that also has a movie in the works I've heard about, and I know Rebecca mentioned in her post as well. Basically, this book sounds a little different from the movie premise I saw on IMDB, but I think that this book also revolves around the lives of several villains' children and their lives.

(as noted above, this is a temporary cover)
I'm signed up for Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner's newsletter, and so when I heard about this Beauty and the Beast inspired retelling, I was so excited. It's not going to be out for a long time (2017), but I am definitely still excited.

Adult Fiction Novels I've Added to my to-read
This one I actually heard about from a Buzzfeed quiz and I know several have mentioned enjoying the series, and I saw it was really highly regarded on Goodreads, so I'm curious to learn more about this book and read it. If you've read this book, let me know your thoughts!

This is a book that Cassi of My Thoughts...Literally! recommended to me one time while we were talking, and so I'm definitely excited to pick it up and read it sometime!


I've heard about Khaled Hosseini's novels before, and so I added several to my to-read.

I read Shadowfell by Juliet Marillier awhile ago, I think back before I started blogging, and then picked up the sequel to continue on with the series. But I hadn't known much about her adult fantasy novels, and when I heard about Wildwood Dancing, I thought it would be interesting and so I added it to me to-read.

There are 10 of the books I've added to my to-reads recently on Goodreads. A lot of these are ones that won't be published for awhile, but several are also already published and ones that I'm excited to read. If you want a look at books I've added to my TBR and purchased, take a look at my monthly wrap ups, such as my February 2015 Looking Back here. I hope you enjoyed my list for Top Ten Tuesday, and let me know what your picks are!

From the paper world,
V

4 comments:

  1. I recently read The Kite Runner, so I can't wait to start reading his other books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Ice Kissed! All of those retellings look so interesting as well, and I too have been wanted to read the Bone Season for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dreamless is a book I need to pick up soon I read Starcrossed when it first came out and really liked it but somehow just never got around to finishing the series. At this point I'll probably re-read the first book again since I forgot a lot of details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read Ice Kissed!
    New follower :)
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!