Friday, March 20, 2015

What (Posts) I've Been Reading - March 2015

I've seen people talk about posts they've enjoyed reading from other bloggers in the past, such as Jamie of the Perpetual Page-Turner and Alexa of Alexa Loves Books in their monthly wrap ups, and I know several people like to do these sorts of posts, but lately I've been thinking about how sometimes, I stumble across posts that I'm super excited to see, or posts that make me think about something, or awesome posts in general, and I want to share them with you all so that you can find some blogs/posts to enjoy, and see what I've been reading on blogs as well. I know this is something a lot of bloggers do from what I've seen, so I just want to join in and share some other blogger's awesome posts with you all as well.

Rebecca of The Library Canary wrote a post called So You Like Retellings? I've Got a List For You... that I was super excited to see because retellings are some of my favorites to read and also there were several on here I had never heard about and I'm super excited to read- I definitely added a bunch to my TBR!

Alexa of Alexa Loves Books had a great post recently called On the Acquisition of Books. I know that's a topic that's been discussed a lot lately, but she also discusses a challenge she's gotten involved with that works to reduce book buying and how her book buying has changed. A lot of how she said her buying changed before and after blogging was true for myself as well- I definitely never used to stock up on books, and then I went through a phase where I would get a lot of them, get very excited, and then not getting around to reading all of them and suddenly have a huge TBR. I haven't joined The Picky Pledge before, but I'm definitely going to be looking into it after reading Alexa's great post!

Jamie of The Perpetual Page-Turner had a post called I Recognize the Insanity... I Do. about having a huge TBR as well, except in Jamie's case, she talked about how she would go to the library a lot. This post made me think because I'm not really one who goes to the library a lot, even though I definitely should. I think for me I feel bad getting books from the library when I'm not sure I'll be able to read them in the allotted time. She also linked an older discussion post she had written in 2014 called The Best Medicine When I'm Feeling Down... that I read and really enjoyed.

Nikki of There were books involved... had a post called Let's talk audiobooks! and I really enjoyed this post because audiobooks is something I've never gotten into much even though I know it's become quite popular and I would like to try listening to a book. I think for me, my main fear was that I wouldn't be able to follow along with it as much as when I read a traditional novel. However, reading this post about audiobooks and she listens to audiobooks sounded like a way that I could read audiobooks and enjoy them, while re-reading old favorites. I think she also brings up a lot of interesting points about why she isn't always the biggest fan of audiobooks that I think are interesting as well, but after reading her well thought out discussion on the idea I want to start listening to audiobooks!

Here are some of the posts I've read recently and really enjoyed. Let me know if there are any posts you've read and wanted to share as well!

From the paper world,
V

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout, Violet! I had so much fun making that list! I actually made another one this week about fantasy releases!!! I just get lost a lot on Goodreads. I'll have to check out those other posts you mentioned. Jamie's posts are always so well-written/thought out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the post was great! and I loved your post about fantasy recommendations too!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!