Friday, March 6, 2015

January 2015 - Looking Back

I haven't done anything looking back at the month in reading, posting, and such in awhile, but I wanted to try and bring that back in 2015 for me. This is a great way to look back at the month and the books I read during it. Sorry that this is so delayed by the way- February was super busy and I wanted to take time to participate in the Random Acts of Kindness hosted by The Perpetual Page-Turner and Rather Be Reading and in the 2015 Book Blogger Love-A-Thon hosted by Alexa Loves Books. So, basically, February was super busy as well, but more on that in the next monthly wrap up!

So how did January go?
January was a month that saw me taking on a lot of challenges, bringing back some of the older types of posts I'd done last year and missed, and also just being excited about the new year in general. 

My Reads

My Posts
After doing the same type of post last year, I did a My Can't Wait Books of 2015 post, and talked about the books that I had designated to be some of my most anticipated upcoming reads of the year. 
My Favorite Books of 2014
A Top Ten Tuesday of the 2015 Debuts I'm Most Excited For
A Top Ten Tuesday Freebie where I talked about characters I wanted to travel with
I took Jamie of The Perpetual Page-Turner's 2014 End of Year Book Survey
I signed up for a lot of 2015 Challenges and shared my goals
My Most Anticipated New Releases of January 2015
I talked about Reorganizing My Bookshelves and Reading in 2015

My Reviews
A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall

My Book Buying
I ended up getting a few books off of my 'most anticipated new releases of January' list:
All Fall Down by Ally Carter
Frostfire by Amanda Hocking (this takes place in the same world as her Trylle series)

I'm currently finishing up reading both of these, so I can't wait to share my thoughts with you all! If you'd like to see a comprehensive book haul of all the books I got in January and not just the ones from my list of anticipated new releases, let me know in the comments!

So, how did January go for you? Any new favorite reads? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

From the paper world,
V

1 comment:

  1. keep up the good work, vi! :) also, I nominated you for the versatile blogger award! http://thesestardustwords.blogspot.com/2015/03/versatile-blogging-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!