Monday, April 13, 2015

When you read that one book...

And suddenly that is the only type of book you want to read forever and ever? I've heard Jamie of The Perpetual Page-Turner and Sasha of A Book Utopia from Booktube talk about this before, and recently the same thing happened to me after reading a wonderful book I'm sure many of you have heard of called The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski.
This book was amazing! Definitely be on the lookout for a review and for me to talk about this book a lot more shortly, but for now I just want to talk about how The Winner's Curse made me want to start reading all the fantasy I can! I've never read too many high fantasy novels, but after reading this book that's all I've been wanting to read lately. I've pushed a lot of fantasy novels to the top of my TBR. Now I'm currently reading Defy by Sara B. Larson, and after that I can continue on with either Crown of Midnight, the second book from the Throne of Glass series or Dreams of Gods & Monsters, the third and final book from the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy. In addition to those, I have another high fantasy I've heard a ton about, The Kiss of Deception, that I've been reading off and on lately as well. 

Now that my TBR is getting a lot of fantasy novels added to it, I would love some suggestions from you all. Let me know what some recommendations and some you might want to see me review. Also, I'm curious as to whether any of you have ever gone through a time in your reading when you discovered a love for a new genre. Let me know your thoughts and I'll see you all next time!


From the paper world,
V

4 comments:

  1. The same thing happened to me when I read The Winner's Curse! It reminded me how much I enjoy High Fantasy novels and why I need to keep up with all the recent fantasy released! I hope you like The Winner's Crime ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great novel! And thank you- I can't wait to read The Winner's Crime!

      Delete
  2. YEAH!!!! I love this book. It's fantastic. I can give you some fantasy recommendations for sure. Throne of Glass is amazing. I haven't read Daughter of Smoke and Bone but everyone loves it. The Mistborn trilogy is flawless and you should definitely read it. Also The Stroyspinner by Becky Wallace and The Young Elites by Marie Lu. And I know you liked The Falconer so I also recommend The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon. That's all I got for now but let me know if you want more recs.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so amazing! And yay for recommendations! You always give great recommendations. Throne of Glass I read but I need to finish Crown of Midnight and continue on. Daughter of Smoke and Bone is amazing- I've yet to read the final novel in the trilogy but hoping to read it soon. I actually just read The Storyspinner recently, and The Young Elites a few months ago and I enjoyed them both. I remember you recommending The Bone Season to me, I'll be sure to pick it up sometime! Thank you for all the great suggestions!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!