Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Inside & Out Book Tag - Tag

I was searching through the blogsphere for any tags that looked like they would be interesting and fun to have on the blog. I stumbled across the Inside & Out tag on Books, Biscuits, and Tea. This tag is actually from a vlogger, MathomBooks, and it looks like it will be really fun! So, without further ado...

INSIDE OUT 

I - Inside book flap/back of the book summaries. Too much information or not enough? Discuss.
For me, this information is a perfect amount to make a decision on a book as to whether I want to add it to my Goodreads or, if I'm at the shop, potentially purchase the novel. However, if I'm sitting in a shop looking at different books, I'll normally have a few options I'll pick from by reading the first few chapters. Lately I've been reading a few books without knowing much about them at all,which has been quite fun. It leaves a lot of surprise within the novel, and so I've been trying that as well lately.

N - New book: what form do you want it to be in? Be honest: audio book, e-book, paperback, hardcover?
I definitely prefer physical copies of books. Audiobooks have never appealed to me, although I've heard a lot about them, I would find it hard to pay attention to the book. I've gone through e-book phases, but I really do prefer non electronic copies of books, although I don't mind an electronic copy to read every now and then. Between paperback and hardcover, I typically say hardcover but if it's a really nice quality paperback then I'll definitely enjoy reading that as well.

S - Scribble while you read? Take notes, mark up the book, make comments, or keep your book totally clean? Why?
When reading my books, I avoid making notes in them. I'll think about how I want to review the book, and periodically think what sort of rating and pros and cons the book has thus far and what sort of an impression it's left on me so far. Taking notes in the book or even in a separate book distracts me from the actual novel.

I - In your best voice, read us your favorite first sentence from a book.
To be completely honest, I don't have a favorite first sentence! I know people have been doing the first sentence challenge a lot lately, but first sentences never make or break a book for me, so I can't say I have favorites.

D - Does it matter to you if the author's male or female when you're buying the book? What if you're unsure of the author's gender?
It makes no difference to me. 

E - Ever read ahead? Or have you ever read the last page way before you got there?
Sometimes if I'm at the end of a chapter and things are really intense, I'll inadvertently look ahead but I stop myself to avoid spoiling myself. I know some people who will read the last page of a book, but for me it's about the stuff that happens throughout the entire book that makes it so wonderful, so I'm never tempted to read ahead.

O - Organized bookshelves or outrageous bookshelves?
Completely disorganized in some, but my TBR shelves are pretty organized actually, as are my favorites shelves.

U - Under oath, have you ever bought a book based on the cover alone?
Yes. I've probably read the synopsis after but if it was a pretty cover I went through a phase where I wouldn't be too picky about the summary to purchase it.

T - Take it outside to read, or stay in?
I've had some lovely outside days when I'll sit in the sun and read with my book, but generally I'm inside somewhere with a nice chair.

There is a tag! I haven't done many tags on the blog in awhile so it's fun to have another one for you all. I hope you've enjoyed and feel free to post your answers in the comments or, if you do this (I tag you all!) leave your post in the comments so I can go check it out!

From the paper world,
V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!