Friday, May 22, 2015

Behind the Scenes - How I Write Discussion Posts

I've been thinking more and more lately about ways to expand what I write about on the blog, and trying a few different posts to see if you all would like reading about them. So, today I'm giving you a behind the scenes look at how I write my discussion posts.

Honestly, my discussion posts happen randomly. Sometimes I come up with an idea and my reaction is "This would be fun!" so I'll write down a title for it and occasionally a little blurb and save it as a draft. I'm going to be completely honest, normally those stay as drafts and don't end up turning into anything. When I come up with a discussion post, I typically sit down and write it all out there as it's on my mind. A lot of the times, when I'm reading, I slip into reviewer mode and start to think "This is something I'd like to talk about in my review and bring up how this and this were done in the novel" whereas in discussion posts it's sort of "Here are my thoughts just as I think" and then I'll reread it and edit it later. 

So, how do I write discussion posts? I sit down, come up with an idea, and then just write. That's the most effective way for me to write the posts. It's definitely not a perfect or very organized system, but in blogging my discussion posts tend to be pretty sporadic. I like reading discussion posts and hearing other people's thoughts, but for some reason writing discussion posts for me is something that comes and goes. So whenever I sit down to write one I sometimes come up with a few different ideas and so I'll write them all down and schedule them out some.

In the future, I really do want to start writing more discussion posts. So, I'd love to hear from you all- do you enjoy reading discussion posts? And if you write them, what sort of a system do you have for figuring out how to write them? I'm curious to know if others are spontaneous sort of discussion post writers like myself or if there's a way I could be more organized about this. 

I hope you all enjoyed this sort of behind the scenes post. I guess it was sort of a discussion post on discussion posts, but if you'd like to share your thoughts I'd love to talk about it more! If you enjoyed this, let me know and I'd love to do more posts about my blogging.

From the paper world,
V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!