Friday, May 1, 2015

March 2015 - Looking Back

I'm getting further and further behind on these wrap up posts, I'm so sorry! But today, let's talk March. I ended up reading several books in March, continuing on with several series I had read previously as well as finding a few new reads and authors I'd never read before. I was pretty busy, but I did have some family time which was much appreciated, and announced A Week of Recommendations that I did earlier this month. Anyways, without further ado, here's March:

My Reads:
The Shadow Cabinet, the third in the Shades of London trilogy by Maureen Johnson
3.5 Stars
Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
3.5 Stars
Winterspell by Claire Legrand
4 Stars
Dead of Winter, the third book in The Arcana Chronicles by Kresley Cole
4 Stars
The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
4.5 Stars
*a new favorite!*
5 Stars
*a new favorite!*
The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall
3.5 Stars
The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace
3.5 Stars

Overall, it was definitely a great reading month. I really enjoyed all the novels I read, and so I was very happy to have started a few new series, finished one, and continued on with several others.

My Posts:

Posts I Loved:
I was considering doing this as a separate post entirely, but I've seen several bloggers mention posts from other's they've enjoyed in their wrap ups and it seems like the best way to share all of the amazing blog posts I've seen during the month. For some of the other posts some bloggers have shared that I read and loved this past month, check out What (Posts) I've Been Reading.

Alexa Loves Books did an amazing review of one of Juliet Marillier's series that I'm really excited to read about, after seeing how she compared them all and discussed how great the books are. You can read her amazing review The Faithful, The Fiery & The Fearful.

Snuggly Oranges talked about the importance of character development and I couldn't agree more. Check out her amazing post I Read for Characters.

The Library Canary had several posts this month I thought were really great. One was another recommendation of a certain genre, and this time she shared fantasy picks, which I've been wanting to read more high fantasy. You can see her recommendations in her post So You Like Fantasy? Get Ready to Hurt Your TBR... Another one of her posts I really enjoyed was her discussion about Going In Blind and not knowing much about the novel before you read it.

I didn't end up keeping track of my book buying for the month, because it's been pretty sporadic lately anyways. 

Let me know if you guys would like to see any reviews of the books I read in March (except The Storyspinner, which I reviewed recently on the blog and linked above). I'm planning on doing a review of Dead of Winter since I've reviewed the first few books in The Arcana Chronicles, and do a Series in Summation about The Princesses of Westfalin Trilogy, and also possibly a Goodreads review on Starcrossed. But anyways, let me know if there are any reviews in particular you'd like to see on the blog next, and I'll be back soon with another post!

From the paper world,
V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!