Wednesday, May 13, 2015

How Have I Been Doing? - Bout of Books Readathon Progress Update

So, it's been a few days and I wanted to share an update for Bout of Books. Unfortunately, Monday I didn't end up reading anything. It was a super busy day of organizing and hectic hustle and bustle, and by the end of the day I was just tired. 

However, yesterday, I settled in to finally continue on with Rook by Sharon Cameron, and I ended up finishing the novel! I really enjoyed it and gave the book 4 stars, and I think I will do a review of it sometime soon so let me know if you would like to see a review of that novel soon! I'll leave its Goodreads page linked below in case you're curious as to what the book's about.
 To summarize briefly, it's kind of a futuristic dystopian novel reminisicient of The Scarlet Pimpernel, although not a retelling as the author clarified on the book's Goodreads page. Personally, I haven't read The Scarlet Pimpernel, but I've been wanting to read more classics and enjoyed this novel, so if you have read that book let me know your thoughts! 

If you're participating in Bout of Books, I hope you're enjoying the readathon! I have only done one mini challenge so far, but I've been enjoying reading and happy that I ended up reading Rook. My next read is Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley. This is another book I've been excited to read, and so I'll be starting this novel soon! 

What are some of your current reads?

From the paper world,

V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!