Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Another Reading Challenge! - The Story Siren's 2014 Debut Authors Challenge

This is a bit of an improvised post, but welcome back to Paper Worlds and Swirls of Ink! Today, the Paper World is joining The Story Siren's 2014 Debut Author Challenge. As you may now, or have seen in the sidebar, I love joining various Readathons, Challenges, and other reading activities. I heard about this from Elizziebooks when she mentioned it on Twitter. Being the sort that I am, I immediately set out to join. And when I checked out this challenge, I knew it was perfect for me. I've been looking at Goodreads 'YA Debuts of 2014' Listopias since October of 2013. Needless to say, I'm excited. Because so many of my favorite series are ending this year, I wanted to learn about a lot of debut books as well. I've challenged myself to finish series and begin them this year. So, this is perfect!
Now, let's get into the details. I've linked the sign ups above, and all the official information is there. The goal is to read at least 12 debuts for this challenge. I'm more than happy to do so. I've got plenty more than 12 debuts I want to read, but here are the ones I've really been wanting to read! (Please note: like all my TBRs, this is subject to indecisiveness and change because I get distracted by other shiny new book covers. *le sigh*)

In no particular order...

no. 12 - Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
no. 11 - Prophecy of Oz by Megan Shan
no. 10 - Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne
no. 9 - Feather Bound by Sarah Raughley
no. 8 - Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen
no. 7 - Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy
no. 6 - Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
no. 5 - The Falconer by Elizabeth May
no. 4 - Gates of Thread and Stone by Lori M. Lee
no. 3 - The Fifty-Seven Lives of Alex Wayfare by M.G. Buehrlen
no. 2 -  Pointe by Brandy Colbert
no. 1 - Defy by Sara B. Larson

Alright, so there's another feature that's coming to the blog this year- one of my goals was to expand the blog's content. It certainly seems like that's going to be happening! Hope you all will enjoy the reviews that will be coming from this, and let me know if you're planning on doing this challenge as well.

From the paper world,
V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!