Saturday, January 4, 2014

What I'm Looking Forward To - Most Anticipated Book Releases for January 2014

Hello! Welcome to a new year, and a new series here on Paper Worlds and Swirls of Ink. Since there are so many books I'm looking forward to in the upcoming year, I thought that it would be fun to organize them into monthly posts, and I've checked out my Goodreads to bring you my list for this month!
These are in order of release date, and if some books happen to fall on the same day, then they are in no order.

First, I thought I would mention Dance of Fire by Yelena Black. The release date for this is January 1, 2014, but I don't think that's likely. For starters, no cover is out and there's no word of it on Yelena Black's website. So I thought I'd briefly mention this before so that if any of you know something about this book you can let me know, since it seems like there's no information for a book that's supposedly already been released. Also, I'm going to assume that's the general rule for a few other books with a Jan 1 release date, especially since on some other books I've found more information on the author's site that gives another, more general release date.

The only book I can seem to find that's definitely slated for  January 1, 2014 release:
CaptivateCaptivate by Vanessa Garden


And now, let's talk about some other books. Several that I'm really looking forward to release January 7, 2014.

Unhinged (Splintered, #2)Unhinged by A.G. Howard
Defy (Defy, #1)Defy by Sarah B. Larson

Unhinged is my most anticipated book releasing in January. It's the sequel to Splintered, my favorite 2013 read. Defy is a YA debut that looks really good! Both release January 7. 

 Hollow City (Miss Peregrine, #2)Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
Hollow City, the sequel to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, another book I read and loved in 2013, releases January 14, 2014.
An Ice Princess Symphony (Shard of Ice Novellas, #3)An Ice Princess Symphony by Alivia Anders
An Ice Princess Symphony is a prequel novella to A Shard of Ice, which is a book I'm really excited to read in 2014, so I thought I'd include its novella here.

Finally there are five, yes five, books that I'm looking forward to that are coming out January 28, 2014.

Secret (Elemental, #4)Secret by Brigid Kemmerer
This is the fourth book in The Elementals series by Brigid Kemmerer. I've heard really great things about this series from Kata of BooksessedKata on Youtube (she's got great videos!) and she's really enjoyed this series. It's four books and I think three novellas as well, and I'm pretty sure the series continues past this book, but I didn't read the summary since I didn't want to get spoiled. I'm really excited to read the series, but I'm not the biggest fan of this cover and how it looks, so I think I'll get e-reader copies of these books.

The Unbound (The Archived, #2)The Unbound by Victoria Schwab
Yes, it is another sequel to a series I have not yet begun. But I really, really want to read The Archived very soon and read this one as well. I've heard amazing reviews!

Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
If you've seen my January TBR, then you know that Under the Never Sky is one of my reads for this month. However, I'm going to be that incredibly picky book lover and say that since my copy of Under the Never Sky is paperback, I'm probably going to wait to read this until it comes out in paperback and then read the second book and this one at the same time. But I'm still really excited for this book to come out, and I figured it would be a very popular book for you guys as well!

Infinite (Newsoul, #3)Infinite by Jodi Meadows
I'm participating in the Incarnate ReadAThon this month, and so Infinite is a book I'm going to pick up the day of its release so I can read along with everyone else. I can't wait to marathon this trilogy and the novella this month, so I'm very excited that Infinite is coming out.

Cruel BeautyCruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
This sounds like the best Beauty and the Beast retelling I've heard of from a book! The cover is gorgeous, the synopsis sounds really good, and I'm probably going to end up picking this book up when I'm getting Infinite. No complaints here!


So there are some books I'm looking forward to that are coming out this month! Do you like this type of post? I really enjoy making them, so I think I'm going to continue this series- especially since there are so many books that I can't wait to read coming out in 2014! What are some books you're excited for in January? Stay tuned for February's list, there are some great books coming out!

From a paper world,
V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!