Monday, January 6, 2014

My Can't Wait Books of 2014

On my Goodreads, I got so excited for so many books that are coming out next year, I ended up creating a specific shelf to highlight the 2014 releases I'm most excited for. I thought it would be fun to share that with you all today. These are just some of the books I'm excited for next year, and a lot of these are sequels, but I thought this would be a chance to talk about our favorite series and upcoming sequels, as well as a few debuts I'm excited for as well. There are 35 books in this list, so description is going to be kept to a minimum, but each will have a Goodreads link so you can view their details there.
So, in no particular order...




A Shard of Ice (Black Symphony, #1)

A Shard of Ice by Alivia Anders - Am I the only one who thinks this sounds like Sailor Moon? It sounds fantastic!









Prophecy of Oz by Megan Shan - There are two Wizard of Oz retellings coming out in 2014. Wizard of Oz was my favorite childhood movie. Out of all of the ones I saw, it was the one I always wanted to watch again. I'm so excited!
Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3)
Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor - I can't wait to read this- the entire series is beautifully written, and so unique!









Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo - I think that the Grisha trilogy is going to have a fantastic conclusion!
The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #3)
The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - I love how unique this series has been, and how Mara has developed as a character.









City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare- This is my most anticipated release of 2014. I'm going to miss this series so much, but I know this conclusion is going to be epic.
Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)
Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi - So many of my favorite series are ending! I've been missing these characters, so I'm glad this book is coming soon!








Burn Bright (Dark Star, #2)


Burn Bright by Bethany Frenette - Dark Star was a great YA book- superheroes! It's very different from the other books I've read, and I'm excited to see it continue.








Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers - I've yet to read Dark Triumph, but Grave Mercy was such an incredible book, and this book's focus character is one I wanted to learn more about in the first book.
Lady Thief (Scarlet, #2)
Lady Thief by A.C. Gaughen - I've been waiting for a sequel! The first book was wonderful, and I loved the Robin Hood retelling.








The One (The Selection, #3)
The One by Kiera Cass - I'm admittedly a little nervous about this one- I was not a fan of The Elite at all. But I still have hope for this conclusion.








Unhinged (Splintered, #2)
Unhinged by A.G. Howard- What else can I say? Such. an. amazing. series.










Dance of Fire by Yelena Black - Dance of Shadows was such an intense story- I can't wait for this one and what I'm sure will be another incredible cover.

The Young Elites by Marie Lu - Although the Legend trilogy has ended, I'm excited to see what new ideas Marie Lu has for books!

The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan, and Maureen Johnson - I've been waiting for the book of all of these to marathon them.

3rd Gilded Wings by Aimee Agresti - A lot of stuff happened in the last book- I'm ready for the next one!

The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey- I read The 5th Wave in December- it was fantastic! 

3rd Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas - Yet to finish Crown of Midnight, still excited.

Aristeia by Kendare Blake - Antigoddess was great- I'm so excited to read more about the characters.

3rd Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken - I'm still reading Never Fade, but I'm nonetheless excited to finish the series! Since this is supposed to be a sentence, I'm wondering if it includes the novella 'The Darkest Minds in time never fade...' or just 'The darkest minds never fade...'

The Warrior (Dante Walker, #3)

The Warrior by Victoria Scott - Dante Walker and co. are awesome characters and there's a lot that needs to be resolved in this book. So excited!!









The Shadow Cabinet by Maureen Johnson - This series isn't well known, but I love it. And I need the next one!
Infinite (Newsoul, #3)

Infinite by Jodi Meadows - Releases this month, and I'm reading it as part of the Incarnate trilogy readathon.









The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black - Two of my favorite authors, so I'm definitely ready to read their collab!

Hollow City (Miss Peregrine, #2)Hollow City by Ransom Riggs - Not too long of a wait, this comes out very soon, and it's a highly anticipated sequel.









Stolen Songbird (The Malediction Trilogy, #1)

Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen- This was my top pick of 2014 debuts.










Fire & Flood (Fire & Flood, #1)Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott - What can I say? I love Victoria Scott's writing and I can't wait to start her new series. 










Side Effects May VarySide Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy - What a concept for a contemporary- looking forward to meeting the protagonist and how she lives with her crazy life!









Gates of Thread and Stone by Lori M. Lee - Very little description given, but from the few sentences I'm still really interested.

Feather BoundFeather Bound by Sarah Raughley - This sounds very different- the line about Cinderella is what really interested the fairy tale retelling fan in me, so I'm looking forward to it.









Midnight Thief (Midnight Thief, #1)Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne - After Poison Dance, I'm very excited for the full length novel.












4th Study Novel by Maria V. Snyder - The fact that this series is being extended makes me so incredibly happy.



The Falconer (The Falconer, #1)The Falconer by Elizabeth May - Cover appreciation! Also, a really new idea and it sounds action packed.









Cruel Beauty

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge - A Beauty and the Beast retelling. Need I say more?










This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner- As I write this, I'm still reading These Broken Stars, but it's so good I expect to finish it soon. Then, I'm ready for a sequel!

So, there's the shelf. What books are you excited for? Let me know!

From a paper world,
V




2 comments:

  1. IM BOUNCING ABOUT CAUSE IM SO EXCITED FOR ALL OF THESE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny my dear, I apologize for my delayed response. You know how hectic it's been with the sick and the wrap ups and the life. But... LET US BOUNCE ABOUT HAPPILY BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY AMAZING BOOKS COMING OUT

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!