Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Goals for 2014

It's Tuesday again, and here at Paper Worlds and Swirls of Ink, that normally means that a Top Ten Tuesday is coming! This is a weekly meme from The Broke and the Bookish
and these are so much fun to do! Every week is a theme to work with and pick your top ten for that theme. Going along with the new year, this week's theme is 'Top Ten Goals'. They said that it can be bookish or non bookish, but I'm not much of a New Year's Resolution sort, so I decided to talk about some bookish goals for this year. 



For this list, I decided to alternate between reading type goals and book blogging goals. So, in no particular order, let's start!

no. 10 - Complete my 2014 Goodreads Reading Challenge
Alright, I failed abysmally at the 2013 Reading Challenge. I might have actually read 150 books last year, but I went through a 6 or 7 month time of never updating my currently reading so... Anyways we'll change that this year. The goal for 2014 is 75 books. No, I'm not downgrading to give up, but this way I know I'll complete the goal and I will probably keep up with it better.

no. 9 - Complete my TBR Pile Challenge for the year
I posted about this awhile ago, but you can see it here.
I'm participating in Bookish's 2014 TBR Pile Challenge. My level is A First Kiss, or 21-30 reviews of books from 2013 or earlier. Looking at my TBR Pile, that probably won't be much of a challenge. But I'm excited to commit to this and see where it goes for this year.

no. 8 - Participate in more Read-A-Thons!
Ok, so back in December I signed up for the Christmas Booktube-A-Thon and the 24 Hour Read-A-Thon. So, I really love the ideas of Read-A-Thons, and I join one whenever it catches my interest. I hope Booktube-A-Thon is brought back this summer so I can do that this year. However, I already know I'm going to be working on this goal because there's a Read-A-Thon I'm signed up for in January- more on that soon!

no. 7 - Blog.
Vague? Yes. But this is definitely an important goal for me this year. I want to review, do tags, read-a-thons, and expand the features I do on the blog as well. I'm really excited to see where this year will take Paper Worlds and Swirls of Ink.

no. 6 - Contain the TBR Pile craziness
I love having a stack of books with options to fit whatever reading mood I'm in. However, I don't want my TBR pile to take over my bookshelves, so I want to read some books before I go out and buy some. Simple enough, right? I'm not the type to do a book buying ban, so let's just hope for some self control...

no. 5 - Organize my bookshelves
The top shelf of my bookshelf looks very nice. The bottom shelves? Yeah...those could use some definite work and attention. I want to have a nice, organized bookshelf so I want to do that this year! 

no. 4 - Update the Book List tab
Do you see that tab that says Book List? Ideally, it's a linked up list of all the books and reviews I've done. But that is most definitely a work in progress. Right now it has books listed with their star rating next to them. So we'll see what ends up happening with this.

no. 3 - Find some books that take my breath away
I mean like The Fault in Our Stars, where I put the book down at points just to marvel at the thoughts that were written out and expressed. I mean like Splintered, where I fell into this beautiful world with characters that immediately felt like friends. I want some amazing books to read this year, so let me know if you have any really stand out stories for me to read.

no. 2 - Try themed TBRs for the month
Now, I've got these planned out, and I like the ideas, but I want to enjoy what I'm reading and not feel confined to a set genre as well, so we'll see how this turns out. Also, I really like some of the TBRs I planned, but I don't have some or any of the books for them, and I want to read my books too instead of just buying a bunch of new ones as well. So, we shall see, but I'd really like to try this.

no. 1 - Start at least 5 new series, Finish at least 5 series
Looking at my lists for 2014, there are a ton of great books. This is already shaping up to be an incredible reading year. One of the reasons it looks like it's going to be so wonderful is that there are so many sequels coming out in series that I love. A lot of them are actually conclusions to series. And that's bittersweet, honestly. With some series, it's easy to try and avoid that final page. But I want to enjoy a series, and be happy that I've read all of their adventures, so this year my goal is to finish at least 5 series. Since many of my favorite series end this year, that's going to be a little rough. However, the other half of this goal is to help that a little- start at least 5 new series. I think that starting a bunch of new series will help as well as I meet new characters, worlds, and stories. So, these two will hopefully balance each other out, and while there's never a replacement for a series, there are tons of new ones to read too.

So, there are my 2014 bookish goals. This was a tough list to come up with. But I'm happy with these goals and yes, some of them are more important to me and more likely to happen than others, but these are all goals I hope to see accomplished this year anyways! How about you? Any bookish or non bookish goals?


From a paper world,
V

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much! I'm really excited for them. I'm headed over to your blog now!

    Violet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!