Monday, January 13, 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 - The Missing Updates and Wrap Up



Hello, everyone! I hope you're having some fun with Bout of Books! I am as well, although I have been sick the past few days. Basically, that's consisted of sleeping for hours on end and reading whenever I can. Although I'm feeling sick, I'm still loving the Bout of Books, and so I wanted to bring you updates for these days. Unfortunately the sick days made me miss more updates than I'd originally thought, but here are all those missing days accounted for - 

Day no. 4
Books Read - Shadows by Amanda Sun, Angelfall by Susan Ee
Currently Reading - Unhinged by A.G. Howard
Total Books Completed - 2
Pages Read Today - 152 pages
Total Page Count - 595 pages
Challenges - I did both today, so the Double Date Book Challenge and the Poem Book Challenge

Day no. 5
Books Read - Shadows by Amanda Sun, Angelfall by Susan Ee, Unhinged by A.G. Howard
Currently Reading - The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab, Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Total Books Completed - 3
Pages Read Today - 100 pages
Total Page Count - 695 pages
Challenges - None today, still feeling quite a bit under the weather :(


Day no. 6
Books Read - Shadows by Amanda Sun, Angelfall by Susan Ee, Unhinged by A.G. Howard
Currently Reading - Scarlet by Marissa Meyer, Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
Total Books Completed - 3
Pages Read Today - 114 pages of Scarlet 
Total Page Count - 809 pages
Challenges - Being sick, but that's not an official Bout of Books, that's just an explanation for my lack of Bout of Books posts/intense reading. Regardless, I'm still pleased with how I've been doing.

Day no. 7
Books Read - Shadows by Amanda Sun, Angelfall by Susan Ee, Unhinged by A.G. Howard
Currently Reading - Incarnate by Jodi Meadows, Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Total Books Completed - 3
Pages Read Today - 19 pages
Total Page Count - 828 pages


Wrap Up and Thoughts

Total Books Read - 3 books
Total Pages Read - 828 pages
Challenges - 3
Bout of Books Chats - 1

My thoughts
This was so much fun! I loved talking with everyone, chatting with a few new people, and seeing how everyone did. Congratulations to everyone who participated and read along, this was a great event to have! I think that this was a wonderful experience, and I'm definitely looking forward to doing more Bout of Books in the future. Now, my Bout of Books probably wasn't ideal since I was sick for four of the seven days. Regardless, I still had a lot of fun whenever I was able to read and have some fun, and I'm proud of what I accomplished. The last day of the Readathon is actually the first day of another for me, and I'm now in the midst of the Incarnate Series Readathon and so I've put down The Near Witch for now and picked up Incarnate, which I read a little of today. As far as reviews, I've written both Shadows and Angelfalls' reviews, and I'm almost done with Unhinged's, but I'm taking my time with that one and it's already pretty long. My ratings of the books I finished are as follows - 3 stars for Shadows, 4.5 for Angelfall, 5 for Unhinged. Since I was sick for so long, and I am still not feeling completely better but I am on the way happily, I'm happy that I was still able to read at times and enjoy myself. 

If you participated, what was your favorite read? Was this your first Bout of Books?

From the paper world,
V




4 comments:

  1. This was my first Bout of Books readathon too! I can't wait for the next one, it was so much fun. I'm really glad you enjoyed yourself even though you were sick. I hope you get better soon!

    I have Angelfall on my Kindle so hopefully I'll get round to that one soon. I've heard so many good things about Shadows, Unhinged and Incarnate. And I loved Scarlet :D Well done on reading so many books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoyed reading Angelfall, especially since it was so fast paced and it was fun to have someone to talk to about it. As you read, feel free to tweet me or comment and let me know what you're thinking of it! Unhinged is fantastic, that series is probably tied for my favorite. Scarlet I'm currently reading and I just heard about a Readathon for it, so I'm excited. I love reading along with others. Thanks, it was a lot of fun, and thank you for the get well. :)
      Congratulations on finishing your first Bout of Books, and thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment!

      Violet

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your achievement! Sorry to hear you were sick...You did so well in spite of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a lot of fun to do regardless. :) I can't wait to participate in the next Bout of Books! Thanks for stopping by!

      Violet

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!