Monday, December 30, 2013

24 Hour Read-A-Thon Wrap Up - December 29, 2013

Hi again! I'm writing this after midnight, and I am tired but I am so happy! I participated in the 24 Hour Read-A-Thon! This was hosted by Brianna, and I was interested in joining one of these ever since I saw Miranda talk about the idea. She had read so many books, and although I didn't think I would be able to read that many, I was still really excited to try this! I couldn't go to sleep for a few hours before midnight I was so excited. I would say this was a smashing success, and it was so much fun! Want to see how much I read and what I did?
Firstly, I ended up making a Twitter before the event started. While I enjoyed the Christmas BooktubeAThon, I hadn't felt as connected to it because I wasn't doing sprints, or directly talking with everyone else, etc. So I wanted to change that. Thus the Paper Worlds and Swirls of Ink Twitter was born. I'll put the link in the sidebar eventually, but it's @swirlsofink if you'd like to follow along. This was such a wonderful thing to do. I met and was able to talk to so many people, and I'm really excited about being able to talk to so many! Kiara, a newfound book loving friend, mentioned me in a blog post that I've linked for you all. Her blog is fantastic by the way, definitely check it out. But I also talked to a bunch of people as well: Booktubers, book bloggers, authors, and everyone was excited for the ReadAThon. It was fantastic! There was such an awesome sense of community to be found, and I loved interacting with everyone. If you were doing the ReadAThon and we talked, or you updated, comment below and let me know how you did and if you have a blog post wrap up, etc. It was so awesome to have a community of book lovers all pulling all nighters and 24 hour readathons- I fell asleep for an hour and a half, but got right back into the readathon with so much support, reading with cats, and reading in the company of so many fantastic people! I'm going to have to do a shout out post eventually to thank all the wonderful people I met.
Now, on to the books. I ended up fully reading 2 books from start to finish, and getting a decent way into the third.
7 Souls by Barnabus Miller and Jordan Orlando - This was the first book I read and honestly, I was disappointed. I gave it 2.5 Stars, and while I don't want to rant about the book and things I disliked about it, I think I will do a review- rant free but honest- about what I liked and didn't like, and why it got the rating I did. What do you guys think?
Antigoddess by Kendare Blake - I really enjoyed this book, and I took my time with it. While I'd read the last one in 4.5 hours, this one took longer because I wanted to enjoy it. It was a great mix of Greek mythology and modern day, and a review of this 4 star book is coming.
These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner - I've started this book and got 113 pages in by the Readathon's conclusion. It's great so far, and I can't wait to continue. Well, I can really, until after I've slept for awhile, but I'm liking it.
Overall? 
A total of 817 Pages Read!!
I'm really happy about that- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is 870 pages, so I felt pretty accomplished to have read almost the equivalent of that book in 24 hours. This was so much fun and I really hope to participate in another soon. This was so rewarding- I met awesome people, read a lot, and was challenged to read for so long! Overall, an awesome experience!
If you participated, let me know your reaction, your favorite read, etc.

From a paper world,
V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!