Thursday, December 19, 2013

Reading Review - The Moth in the Mirror by A.G. Howard

Not to surprise everyone, but today I'm going to talk about something related to Splintered. I know, I know, you could probably have seen this coming, but recently I made a post about a reading slump I was in and after doing extensive Booktube research, I found a couple of videos that helped me. If you ever fall into a reading slump or you're in one now. I'm by no means completely out of the slump, but I am on the incline out of it! I'll be doing an update on reading slumps soon, and I'll hopefully have a few tips to add. In the meantime, let's talk about this novella and what I thought.

18602075
Ok, so this novella takes place after Splintered, but before Unhinged. The point of view is a little confusing, as it's told in Morpheus's POV but then it switches into Jeb's as well and talks about some of the events in Splintered. I liked the fact that in Morpheus's point of view, there was a chance to see more of who he is and his thoughts. Morpheus is my favorite character and so I liked being able to learn more about this enigmatic character. I can't wait to see more of him in Unhinged. And I do like Jeb as a character, I just wish that the novella had focused on one or the other. In style, this novella reminded me of Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi, which is focused on one of the main characters from that series, Warner, and shows his POV in the preceeding book, Shatter Me, as well as go a little past in storyline as well. 
I liked this novella a lot- I gave it 4 stars. However, while I do like the reason behind the POV switching, and I thought the idea helped a lot with understanding Morpheus's character, I still would have preferred to that just being a mention of what he did instead of it being the entire novella. I still think this is a great read and adds a lot to the story. And now, sadly, we must continue to wait just a few weeks more for Unhinged. There's a quick little review for you all, and I hope you've enjoyed! If you've read this series, or this novella, let me know your thoughts!




From a paper world,
V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!