Friday, December 13, 2013

Booktube to Blogspot - Winter Wonderland Tag

Welcome back! Here at Paper Worlds, book tags are some of my favorite Booktube videos to watch. So, I decided to bring the tags and some of the Booktube fun to the blogosphere. Today's the Winter Wonderland Tag. Sound curious? Sound exciting? We shall see!



disclaimer: this is originally a Booktube tag by the Youtube user JackEatsBooks. You should check out his Youtube channel and the tag!

no. 1 - What book is so happy and sweet it warms your heart?
Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones was the book I decided on for this question. I loved reading this book. I actually saw the Hayao Miazaki film adaptation to begin with, and then picked up the book as well. Now, the two are very different, but I think both are really wonderful and enjoyable. I love reading Howl's Moving Castle because it's a great tale that really was heartwarming to me. The characters are a little brusque but sweet and the story was a really good one. Quick side note: I'd recommend the movie as well, Miazaki's animations are incredible. 

no. 2 - What is your favorite book with a white cover?
Well, this has absolutely nothing Winter Wonderland-y about it, but after scouring my shelves I found a bind-up of some Buffy the Vampire Slayer novels by Nancy Holder. The 2nd bind up in particular was a favorite of mine. I really enjoyed the stories and reading about Buffy. If you've seen the tv show, did you like it?

no. 3 - You're sitting in a comfy chair, wearing a onesie, with a lovely cup of warm hot chocolate but what MONSTER read are you reading?
Alright, I had to include this book as soon as I decided I was doing this tag and checked out my bookshelf. Although it's not much of a monster read, it's over 500 pages so I decided to count it. East by Edith Pattou is a retelling of the East of the Sun, West of the Moon tale, and it is the perfect Winter Wonderland book to me. I loved, loved, loved reading this story. It was beautifully written, with fantastic scenery and wonderful characters. I've found that in some other retellings of this fairytale, the female protagonist can be really annoying, but that was definitely not the case here. After doing this tag, I'm hoping to reread Rose's adventures soon.

no. 4 - It started snowing so you decided to have a snowball fight! What fictional character would you love to have the snowball fight with?
I'm going to pick Warner from the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi. I love this series, and Warner is my favorite character from it. If you're reading the series, then I would say reading Destroy Me, Warner's novella, is essential to understanding his character. If you aren't reading this series, well all I can say is you should pick up the series. Anyways, Warner is a really interesting character, and every Warner scene has me completely engaged in the book. But why him for a snowball fight? Warner really, really deserves some lighthearted fun and love. I just want to give him a hug after reading Unravel Me. But anyways, I think we'd have a ton of fun just goofing off and having our snowball fight and then going in for some hot coco, books, and comfy relaxing.

no. 5 - Sadly, your fire is beginning to go out. So what book would you tear the last few chapters out to throw into the fire?
Well, first off I would hopefully never do this, because a book and its ending are how the story needed to go for the author and I can respect that since they're already sharing it with the world. But a book ending that I really just couldn't connect to was the end of That Time I Joined the Circus by J.J. Howard. I loved this book, I loved the main character, I loved how everything was developing and then... the ending just totally didn't fit to me. I didn't like it at all, and I haven't wanted to reread the book since, which is a shame because it really was an awesome book for me until those last few chapters. 

no. 6 - What book is so close to your heart that you would gift it to someone else this Christmas who hasn't read before wants to get into reading?
I have a feeling this is going to be a pretty common one, but I would give someone Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling. It's one of my favorite series that I've ever read, so of course I'd want to pass it along to someone else. 

There's the Winter Wonderland Tag! Check out the original Youtube video for it, and comment below or make your own post for this tag as well. Hope you enjoyed!

From a paper world,
V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!