Sunday, December 22, 2013

'Tis the Season to join every Read-A-Thon I Find!! - Bout of Books 9.0

Did you read the title? Do you know what that means? I was watching a Youtube video of Brianna Kamryn and I hear mention of a Read-A-Thon called the Bout of Books. Well, being the bookish lover that I am who happily lives in a time where read-a-thons can be found online, I pulled up a search engine and found out some details. Want to learn more about this?


I'm going to insert the official description here to give you information about this Read-A-Thon:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

So there's an official description. Seeing as I've never participated in this Read-A-Thon before, I'm curious if any of you have. Let me know! I'm excited to, and the scheduling of this is lining up where the final day of Bout of Books is the start of another Read-A-Thon I'm participating in. So many things going on in January!
Apparently, this is a read-a-thon filled with the possibilities of challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize! But if you read the description up there, you probably already knew that one since that's where I got it. Regardless, I'm excited. I don't know how much I'll be reading for this, since I do have other read-a-thons that I've either finished recently or will be starting. But, I love the book community, and so any chance I get to participate in something with a bunch of other book lovers, I'll try and join up! I have no idea what sort of goal I have for this read-a-thon, since it's my first for Bout of Books I think I'm going to go in with no expectations and see where I go from there. One thing's for sure- that TBR pile has been seeing a lot of read-a-thons lately! Which is good, because it means I've been reading a lot of the books that I have and I'm enjoying it. It's also good because it means more reviews are coming, whether they're just shorter reviews that you can find from my 'separate goodreads reviews' sidebar, or a blog review and a goodreads one. So, there's a lot for me to talk about on the blog, and I think this will be great! I haven't participated in a weeklong read-a-thon yet, but I'm happy to start now! 
Are you joining Bout of Books 9.0? What are your goals?

From a paper world,
V


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!