Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Booktube to Blogspot - Christmas BooktubeAThon!!

If any of you are familiar with the lovely Ariel Bissett, then you may recall her BooktubeAThon that she hosted with Raeleen, or Padfootandprongs07, this past summer. Unfortunately I was unable to take part in that readathon, but what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a video from Ariel about a Christmas BooktubeAThon! Needless to say, I was incredibly excited. I got even more excited when she mentioned that this was a collaboration with Katytastic, Jessethereader, and Elizziebooks, who are three other fantastic Booktubers I've watched. Katytastic was actually the second Booktube channel I ever discovered, and I love seeing all of these people posting videos. Since I adapt so many things for this blog from the Booktube sphere, I was really happy to hear about this!
Now, let's get into some details. This BooktubeAThon is much shorter than the summer one. It is from December 20 to 22. It starts at Midnight in whatever time zone you are in. There are no challenges or extras to this, the goal is to just read. There will, however, be reading sprints hosted on the BooktubeAThon Twitter. However, since I don't use Twitter, I won't be participating in those unless I happen to come across one. Curious to know what I'm planning on reading?

I am thinking of going one of two different ways with this BooktubeAThon. The first is to face the books I didn't finish because of my reading slump: 
Emerald Green (The Ruby Red Trilogy, #3)Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier 


Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas


Alternatively, if going back to those books is a little too soon for post reading slump me, there are a few I'm hoping to pick up and read soon, and now would be opportune. I would probably pick only two or three of these, but these are the contenders.

More Than ThisMore Than This by Patrick Ness

The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1)The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness

The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1)The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani

Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Since I'm also planning on doing the 24 Hour Readathon that's taking place December 29, I already have some books set aside for that, but these are some others books that I'd like to read this winter as well. 
If you'd like to participate in the Christmas BooktubeAThon I would definitely suggest you participate. There aren't any official sign ups, but it's fun to collectively have a ReadAThon, and I love reading around the holidays. If you're planning on doing either readathon, let me know what books you're planning to read. I'm very excited for all of these fun book events, and I hope you guys are doing some as well!

From a paper world,
V

1 comment:

  1. Christmas Logo Design
    What a fantastic publish! Other than the seriously helpful ideas, it really is just really ! Thanks a great deal in your strategies!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!