Saturday, December 21, 2013

Sleep? Who needs sleep? 24 Hour Reading Marathon!!

Hello and welcome back to the Paper World. In case you didn't read the blog post title, I have a little announcement. Paper Worlds and Swirls of Ink will be participating in the 24 Hour Reading Marathon that's happening this December 29th! 


I saw this mentioned on Kassidy Voinche's Youtube channel. Originally, I knew that Miranda of BooKss101 had done this along with another Booktuber, and I wasn't able to participate in that one but the idea still intrigued me. So, when I saw this one was being planned, I was quick to want to join in. This marathon is being hosted by the Youtube channel Brianna Kamryn, and there's actually a blog post to link up and join in here. I'm super excited for this. It's completely different from anything I've done, and I haven't even done a read-a-thon before, so what a way to jump in! This basically starts when the clock strikes 12 am on December 29th, and continues through to 11:59 pm that night. Miranda was able to complete 6 books in her 24 period, and I'm curious to see how many I can read. 
So, there's my plans for December 29th. Lots and lots of reading. I'll make a blog post with written updates probably around each hour and then post that after the read-a-thon's over. For now? I'm planning on getting plenty of sleep and being ready to go for the read-a-thon. I know 24 hours can seem pretty daunting, but join in if you'd like to and I've linked the sign up above. The host also said you can try a 12 hour read-a-thon if a full 24 hours isn't something you want to do, so personalize it how you will! I'll also leave you with a few more links here.
See where it all started      The video about this Readathon     Where I heard about it

So, that's it! Let me know if you join, and later on we'll talk about how we all did.

From a paper world,
V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!