Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Booktube to Blogspot - All I Want for Christmas Tag

'Tis the season for wonderful holiday tags! This time, I saw a video over on the lovely Daisy of A Thousand Lives of Daisy's channel and she created this tag. I've done a few of the winter/holiday tags that are going around, and I honestly have to say this is one of my favorites. The questions are really unique and I'm not going to lie, I was stumped on a few of them. This really is an awesome tag, so let's jump into the questions!
no. 1 - What fictional character do you want Santa to leave under your Christmas tree?
So, speaking of questions that stumped me...I was really torn about what character I would love to know and hang out with in real life. There are so many! But I would have to say Warner of the Shatter Me series would be my pick for this question. Warner's such an incredibly interesting character- he's undergone the most development of any character in that series, with the moral conflicts he's faced and how he feels about Juliet. I've loved Warner as a character since Shatter Me, when he's not shown as the best character, but I knew there had to be more to what was going on in that book, and we definitely see it in his novella, Destroy Me. Also, Warner and I can have that snowball fight I wanted from the Winter Wonderland Tag then!




no. 2 - What character do you want to kiss under the mistletoe?
I would have to say Gavriel from The Coldest Girl in Coldtown. Gavriel is brilliant, mad, poetic, fierce, determined, and yet he's also an incredible character. He's giving, and thoughtful, and I would love to spend some time with him! Yay for Gavriel!









no. 3 - You write your Christmas list for Santa, what are the top 5 books on it?
These 5 are in no particular order but...
Crash and Burn by Michael Hassan
Angelfall by Susan Ee
Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken
Champion by Marie Lu
Antigoddess by Kendare Blake

no. 4 - It's secret santa at Hogwarts, what do you most want to recieve?
THE MAURADER'S MAP! How awesome is that thing? Mr. Moony, Mr. Padfoot, Mr. Prongs, and Mr. Wormtail? Heck yes I would love that! It's hilarious and practical. Mischief will be managed!








no. 5 - You get to spend the day with the characters and movie adaptation actors from one fandom, what do you pick?
This is definitely the Moral Instruments's characters and actors. Firstly, this series has been my favorite that is still releasing books for around 4 years. I love these books, and they're very dear to me. Plus, think how much fun that would be? I could be a Shadowhunter, and fight with Jace, Clary, Alec, and Isabelle. Then, I would hang out with the actors. How. Freaking. Awesome. The cast is awesome, and they always are fun and laughing in interviews and such, so I'd enjoy spending time with them. Also, we're going to assume Evan Peters is Jonathan in this case. 

no. 6 - What ficitonal animal would you like to replace Rudolph and be able to meet on your roof?
Ok, I've got a really good one for this. It's TOTORO! You know, Hayao Miazaki, My Neighbor Totoro? He's adorable, and cuddly, and fun! I would love meeting Totoro! Oh, wait...bookish? Hm... ok, well if it can't be Totoro, I'd like to meet Aslan from The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. Just saying, meeting a talking lion like Aslan, who's brave and wise? Also a very good Christmas.

no. 7 - You invite 10 fictional characters to your New Year's party, who do you invite?
Get ready for the best party ever!
Celia and Marco from The Night Circus - What's a good party without a couple of incredible magicians from another world? Plus, it could be like one of Chandresh's midnight dinners? Oh! That fits perfectly! So these two will be in attendance!


Karou from Daughter of Smoke and Bone would be really interesting to talk too. She's an awesome character.



Noah Shaw from the Mara Dyer trilogy- he's funny, sweet, and could bring takeout from his and Mara's favorite restaurant!


Ariel from the Theatre Illuminata trilogy - he's cool, witty, and could fly around with me. Definitely an awesome party guest!



Dante Walker from the Dante Walker series - hilarious, fun, and an awesome guy, Dante would just be cool to know!



Leon from Dark Star - another smart, witty fellow who would be interesting to talk to.



It wouldn't be a party without Magnus Bane in attendance.


Morpheus from the Splintered trilogy - you thought I was going to go a whole blog post without mentioning him, didn't you? 


Celaena Sardothien from the Throne of Glass series - Celaena is just tough, and awesome, and really nice too so I would love to invite her to the party.




no. 8 - What character would make a good Santa? (Doesn't have to be appearance, personality counts too)

I couldn't think of a character that acted like Santa to me. I genuinely couldn't. I tried. But I can think of one that looks like Santa.


Yes, yes that is Dumbledore from the Harry Potter movies. He would be a pretty awesome Santa...


So, there's the All I Want for Christmas Tag! You should really try this tag, it's a really fun one for the holiday time! And you should definitely check out Daisy's channel, she made an awesome tag and her videos are great too! I hope you guys enjoyed, and if you do this tag or just want to comment with your answers, let me know. I'm especially curious as to what characters you would invite to your holiday party- that was a lot of fun to think of! Hope you enjoyed!

From a paper world, 
V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!