Sunday, December 29, 2013

Tag - The Book Blogger Confesses Tag

So, many of you will know about the Booktube to Blogspot feature here on the blog. However, today I come to you with a blog that actually comes from the blogosphere instead! This was a tag I found over at Laura's Book Reviews and this is The Book Blogger Confesses Tag! So, ready or not, here we go!




Emerald Green (Precious Stone Trilogy, #3)no. 1 - Which book, most recently, did you not finish?
That pick would have to be Emerald Green, by Kerstin Gier. This is the conclusion of the Precious Stone trilogy, which is an awesome time travel trilogy with the some incredibly beautiful hardback covers. Now, since I just called this an 'awesome time travel trilogy' you might be wondering why I didn't finish the book. Well, I don't know either. The truth is, I was starting in on the book and suddenly I felt like I was getting into a reading slump. Since no one likes a reading slump, I put it down in favor of Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas. I'm definitely planning on coming back to the book in the near future, anyways, because these really are good reads.

Zombies Vs. Unicornsno. 2 - Which book is your guilty pleasure?
A guilty pleasure? Hm... well a rather silly but enjoyable book I loved was Zombies Vs. Unicorns. This is actually an anthology done by some of my favorite YA authors and let me tell you, the epic battle begins. I had never gotten into anthologies much before, but I definitely enjoyed this one, and it's filled with short stories to go and reread quickly. 






Fever (The Chemical Garden, #2)no. 3 - Which book do you love to hate?
I would have to say Fever by Lauren DeStefano. I read Wither, and I thought it was a really interesting concept and world. But even getting into Fever, I knew I just could not continue this series. And to me, Fever just left everything plot-wise in the dust. It made no sense. 'Oh we're here! Now we're there!' There was no winning in this book. I put it down quickly and pretended I had never picked it up. I just treat Wither as a standalone. 

Twilight (Twilight, #1)



no. 4 - Which book would you throw into the sea?
Ouch. Poor book. If I have to throw a book into the sea? Twilight. No, I wasn't a fan. 









Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)no. 5 - Which book have you read the most?
Over time? The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I can't remember if I've reread them in their entirety, but believe me when I say I constantly come back to these and read and adore them. A recent reread for this year? Splintered by A.G. Howard. Seriously, though, I think I feature this book in almost all of the posts on this blog. *sigh* I cannot wait for Unhinged.





no. 6 - Which book would you hate to receive as a present?
One that I already own. That's just a bad situation for everyone. Or if it doesn't match the covers of the others I have in the series, or if it's a hardcover and the rest are paperback or vice versa. But getting books as presents is just amazing, so I never really complain about it.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6)no. 7 - Which book could you not live without?
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is my favorite Harry Potter book. My old, battered copy has honestly fallen apart and been taped back together two or three times. It's definitely the most loved of my collection, and that makes it special to me.







Prodigy (Legend, #2)no. 8 - Which book made you the angriest?
The Elite (The Selection, #2)Prodigy by Marie Lu is the one that comes to mind. Day and June went through this really awkward phase in the book, and Day particularly annoyed me. I love Legend and definitely have plans to read Champion soon, but ugh Day was so annoying in this book to me- I really dreaded scenes with him and June in them, but I loved seeing June's character in this book. Honorable mention to The Elite by Kiera Cass, though. America was such an annoying character.


The Fault in Our Starsno. 9 - Which book made you cry the most?
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Not much to add to that.










The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1)no. 10 - Which book cover do you hate the most?
On my shelf? The covers of 'The Summer I Turned Pretty' by Jenny Hahn. Mainly because those titles irk me, and the wistful, teen angst look does not appeal to me. The books didn't much, either. 









So there's a tag that isn't Booktube. Bit of a change, isn't it? Let me know what you think, and your answers too!

From a paper world,
V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!