Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Dreaded Reading Slump

Yes, friends, the title is true. I think I'm going to have to call it- I'm in a reading slump. Cue the tragic music. It all started in mid to end of November. I'm not sure what set it off- maybe it was finishing several series back to back almost as soon as I'd started? Whatever the case, I thought I was ok since I read Ruby Red and Sapphire Blue quickly. But I couldn't bring myself to get through Emerald Green, which didn't make sense because the series is fantastic. And then I started Crown of Midnight instead, but then Dorian's character really started bothering me, and I couldn't understand why the little problems I was having with an overall amazing book were making it so difficult to pick up the book. I mean, this slump is getting so bad that when I went book shopping I was having difficulty reading through the first few chapters of books to see if I wanted to get them!



So now, we are at a crossroads. I picked up The Diviners by Libba Bray, and I'm thinking about going through that, and when I read the first chapter I was engrossed. But it's such a long book, I'm worried. So, now if you'd like to give me some feedback, there are several options. Should I...

Emerald Green (Precious Stone Trilogy, #3)
Pick Emerald Green back up?
The Diviners (The Diviners, #1)
Continue on with The Diviners?
Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
Continue on with Crown of Midnight?

or, there are several books in my TBR I could start if these are good, fast paced reads that could get me out of the slump. A few options...

7 Souls
7 Souls by Barnabus Miller and Jordan Orlando
Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)
Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Virals (Virals, #1)
Virals by Kathy Reichs and Brendan Reichs
More Than This
More Than This by Patrick Ness




Let me know what you think, and if you've been in a reading slump before, what's gotten you out of it. Thanks you guys! I'll be looking up Booktube videos of beating reading slumps, and trying to find a book that will help!

From a paper world,
V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!