Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Top 10 of 2013 - Best Book Covers of 2013







Welcome back to Paper Worlds and Swirls of Ink! Today we're continuing on with the Top 10 of 2013, and this day's theme is Best Book Covers. This is something I discovered over at Fiktshun. There have been some absolutely gorgeous book covers this year, and most of these are books I've actually read, but three are part of series I am currently reading, but haven't gotten up to that book or finished it yet. Regardless, get ready for some incredible covers!

I was able to put these in order of favorites, so the 1. book is my favorite cover of 2013. Regardless, these are all awesome, so take a look at these incredible covers!

Strands of Bronze and Goldno. 10 - Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson
This is a really pretty cover. I like that it highlights Sophia's hair, which is an essential detail to the entire story, yet looks pretty without being overbearing. The dark swirls tie everything in nicely, as well.







The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)
Dark Star (Dark Star, #1)

no. 9 -The House of Hades by Rick Riordan
This is one of the books that I haven't yet reached in the series. However, I have read Percy Jackson, and loved it. I really appreciate the different direction The Heroes of Olympus has taken with the covers. They are a lot more colorful and vivid than the Percy Jackson, and while I liked the first series' covers, I love these.





no. 8 - Dark Star by Bethany Frenette
I like this cover a lot because of the color. It's bright, and it really contrasts with the pink title and the model. I like the overall contrast and how nothing is too much, but it is still an eye catching cover.







Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)

no. 7 - Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
This is an awesome cover- very different from the others I have here but really stark and bold. I love the coloring as well.




Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2)





no. 6 - Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken
I have not gotten through Never Fade yet, but I plan to very soon. In the meantime, I still love this cover. It's very different from The Darkest Minds, but I like the color scheme of this one even more.







Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)

no. 5 - Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
Another super pretty cover! This one is icy and wintry, but I love the close up eye style covers for this series. This is such a beautiful, icy effect.







Emerald Green (Precious Stone Trilogy, #3)no. 4 - Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier
The hardcovers in this series are absolutely gorgeous. The colors and beautiful interwoven silver are amazing. Ruby Red and Sapphire Blue also have very pretty hardcovers as well, and I'm looking forward to finishing Emerald Green.







Dance of Shadows (Dance of Shadows, #1)

no. 3 - Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black
Floating rose petals and a vivid red tutu and a shadowy background? This cover is gorgeous!










Apollyon (Covenant, #4)no. 2 - Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I've been following this series since around when it started, I think. I've always loved the covers. But this one? This one is by far the most beautiful, in my opinion. It's got this beautiful, fiery flower and I absolutely love it!







Splintered (Splintered, #1)no. 1 - Splintered by A.G. Howard
Alright, so this book got no. 1 in yesterday's list as well, and I really love everything about it. This cover is gorgeous- the vivid colors, the details, the overall look, everything. I love looking at it, I mean, this cover is absolutely gorgeous!!








And because I can't resist these pretty covers, here's them all together.



Strands of Bronze and GoldThe House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)Dark Star (Dark Star, #1)Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2)Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)Emerald Green (Precious Stone Trilogy, #3)Dance of Shadows (Dance of Shadows, #1)

Apollyon (Covenant, #4)Splintered (Splintered, #1)


What are some pretty covers you've seen in 2013?

From a paper world,
V


14 comments:

  1. Ah, what's not to love about Splintered, the covers is my favorite and it's one of the best books I've read this year!

    Roxy @ Story Envy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! The wait for Unhinged is almost over- I'm so excited!

      Delete
    2. I know, apparently it's just as amazing as the first one!

      Delete
    3. I'm so excited! Have you read The Moth in the Mirror? I know I reviewed it sometime on here but basically it's awesome and worth the read!

      Delete
  2. I do love The Strands of Bronze & Gold cover I should've added it to my list! I also like Dark Star, I can't wait to finally read it!

    Emily @ Falling For YA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, I do love the cover of Strands of Bronze and Gold! I have that book, but have not read it yet. I love Emerald Green's cover! The entire series has gorgeous covers, and the series itself is AMAZING. I have a friend who lives in Germany - she mailed me the DVD of the movie! It was pretty good - but of course, I needed English subtitles ;D

    Happy holidays!

    Check out my Top Ten post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely have to agree with you- I love the Precious Stone trilogy. I actually read Ruby Red around 3 years ago, but I reread it this year and then Sapphire Blue- loved them both and I can't wait for Emerald Green. ohh nice about the movie!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful covers! Great picks! Thanks so much for taking part in the Top 10 of 2013! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your Top 10’s :D
    Hugs,
    Jaime @ Two Chicks On Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for hosting this Jamie! It's been so much fun so far, and you've had some awesome picks too!

      Delete
  5. Great Picks! Unravel Me made my list also! And I'm kicking myself in the butt for not adding Splintered to my list! Ugh, to many amazing covers to just pick 10! :D

    Thanks for stopping by my Top 10 @ Addicted Readers! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime- you had an awesome list! And no worries, you can always add Unhinged next year ;) I know 2013 was a golden year for covers!! can't wait to see your other posts!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous, gorgeous picks, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love getting comments and responding, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!